Six days, 48 hours (3 courses of 2-day classes) of instruction and workshops of floral design in Chicago.
Our school is licensed by the city of Chicago and State of Illinois.
A certificate of completion is given upon taking all courses.
We teach all new techniques, and previous experiences do not receive credit. All students start with the class #1 – Beginners’ Course. All classes have to be taken in chronological order.
Over a short period of time, we will cover a wide range of topics—from “How to Prolong the Life of Cut Flowers” to “How to Create Master Class Floral Arrangements”. We will send you before the beginning of a class electronic files with the theory of floral design and information about opening and operating your own business , so you could do some study at home. During classes, every day you will have 8-hours workshops, working with fresh flowers. You will take home all your creations.
Registration fee for each course is $150.
Total tuition, flowers & supplies are:
$420 for each 2-day, 16-hour course
$1260 for 6-day, 48-hour complete training in floral design
This course consists of two classes that cover floral design theory, techniques and skills currently required for employment in the floral design industry. Successful completion of the class offers entry-level employment in floral design.
First day – wholesale market tour 9am-10am, workshop at the studio 10am-6pm
Second day – workshop at the studio 10am-6pm
1 – Introductory
Homework (illustrated electronic files):
• Selecting quality flowers, processing cut flowers, prolonging life of cut flowers (includes one-hour field trip to a wholesale floral market)
• Modern color theory, recognizing Nature’s clues for effective color combinations and how colors affect each other
• Elements and principles of floral design, foundation tools of floral design: lines and rhythms giving energy to designs, contrast, texture and form of floral masterpieces
• New techniques of floral design, emerging European trends and styles of floral art
- Commercial flowers and greens – illustrated catalog
2- Fundamental techniques of arranging flowers
First day -Spiral hand tied bouquets: round, cascading and one-sided bouquets in Biedermeier, Victorian and French Garden styles:
Second day: Arrangements in containers with floral foam: focal point techniques in Biedermeier, Victorian and French Garden styles:
WEDDING DESIGN COURSE
This course consists of two classes that cover planning, organizing, managing and designing for corporate and social events. Party props, room décor, table settings, lighting and display elements combined with art principles and creative thematic approaches to floral design. Personal flowers for weddings.
Two-day workshop at the studio 10am-6pm.
Homework (illustrated electronic files):
- How to start a floral shop
- How to built your business
- Conducting wedding consultation
- Calculating the costs of flower arrangements
- Planning the event
1 – Personal (wearable) wedding flowers
• Cascading and drop-shape bouquets in decorative bouquet holders
• Glamelia bouquets made of rose, gladiolus, orchid, lily and ginger petals
- Fantasy flower hair pieces
- Ring Bearer accessories
- Flower and rose petal pomanders
- Corsages, floral bracelets
2 – Table settings
• Tips for reducing floral waste: using roots, stems, twigs for table centerpieces
• Custom made floral napkin rings, lanterns, containers
• Patterns of table settings to maximize artistic effect
• Using fruits and vegetables for floral arrangements
• Floral table runners
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES COURSE
Selecting flowers and accessories according to foundational principles of floral design. Unique mechanics and techniques in advanced design. Using advanced style arrangements for hotels, offices, stores and other public spaces. Creating large scale room décor. Floating décor.
Two-day workshop at the studio 10am-6pm
1 – Floral arrangements in High Style
2 – Leaf work and palm leaf weaving
3 – Large-scale room décor
Registration fee of $150 is required at the time of registration for each course and will be applied toward your final payment. The balance must be paid on the first day of the class.
The cost of each class includes tuition, flowers, supplies and materials on the theory of floral design.
You can take the whole session of courses at once or a 2-day course at a time.
Gift Certificates are available