How you calculate the cost of flower arrangements?
Floral designers have a complex job. You are not only artist, but also botanist who learn about the care and handling, lasting ability, and behavior of the flora you handle.
You also customer service specialist who deals with custom orders and clients. So you have to fallow formulas every time you create an arrangement, in order to calculate the fair amount that’s consistent with the current market.
There are formulas for calculating the cost of flower arrangements:
The cost of a floral arrangement includes:
- retail cost of flowers
- hard goods cost ( container, ribbon, floral foam, etc.)
- labor (a percentage of 20% -50% depending on the labor time).
For example, let us to calculate the cost of a Bridal bouquet:
Retail cost of flowers
Retail cost of flowers depends on floral shop location and most common mark-up is 3 times. Processing ross takes more time, and marked-up 4 times.
What steps it takes creating a Bridal bouquet?
- When wedding flowers arrive at the flower shop, you give them special treatment. The bundles of flowers are unboxed and unwrapped. Each stem is inspected for quality and the lower foliage is then stripped off.
- Stems are placed in a special hydrating solution for several hours to recover from their journey to your shop. After a few hours they’re moved to a floral preservative solution and placed in storage cooler. When the bouquets are about to be assembled, the flowers are removed from the cooler and the designer carefully chooses the best flowers for the Brides bouquet. All the flowers are laid out and any special preparation is now done (wiring individual blooms, bending the stems etc.)
- Now it’s time for you to build the bouquet. Finally, the bouquet is wrapped in tissue paper and placed in water and boxed. A box is labeled with the bride’s name and the wedding date.
To create an average wadding arrangements takes time:
- bridal bouquet 30 minute to 3 hovers
- bridesmaid bouquet 30 minutes to 1 hour
- corsage 10-20 minutes
- boutonniere 5-10 minutes
- cake flowers 25-45 minutes
- large church arrangements 30 minutes to 2 hours
- table centerpiece 30 minutes to 1 hour
To let your clients get familiar with wedding arrangement prices, place on your website examples of wedding packages:
It takes a full team of people to create an average size wedding, so remember that you’re hiring the whole shop for your event. Also, as your floral team is working on your wedding, they also have to attend to each and every customer who enters the shop. It is better to start working on a wedding on Monday, preparing containers, ribbons, etc.